List of investors
The following is a list of domestic investors that actively invest in Slovenian start-up enterprises (list from startup.si):
Jaka Lindič Ujemi znanje
An entrepreneur, business angel, professor and a researcher, specializing in lean approaches to innovation.
Gregor Rebolj Silicon Gardens
An IT expert, entrepreneur, business angel and co-founder of the Silicon Gardens Fund.
Branko Drobnak Poslovni angeli Slovenije
An experienced entrepreneur, investor and the founder and president of Business Angels of Slovenia.
Aleš Pustovrh ABC Accelerator, Fil Rouge Capital
Co-founder of the ABC Accelerator and a partner of the venture capital fund Fil Rouge Capital.
Julien Coustaury Fil Rouge Capital
A telecommunications entrepreneur and co-founder of ABC Growth VC and Fil Rouge Capital.
Niko Slavnić IQbator
An entrepreneur professor, serial entrepreneur, business angel, conference speaker and creator.
Poslovni angeli Slovenije
The first and largest angel investor club in the country helping startups to acquire an angel investor.
Fil Rouge Capital
A private venture capital fund offering startups an incubation and accelerator program and equity investments.
Jugoslav Petković Yougo.vc
Jugoslav Petković is an entrepreneur who provides advice and mentoring to many Slovenian startups.
Aljoša Domijan enaa.com
A partner at Gambit Trade, which manages one of the largest Slovenian online stores enaa.com
ALFI Private Equity Fund
A privately held venture capital fund focused on developing, innovative and fast-growing SMEs.
A private equity fund that provides startup companies with equity investment and mentoring support.
A venture capital fund that invests in companies with long-term development potential and good teams.
South Central Ventures
A venture capital fund that primarily invests in high-tech companies in the Balkans that have strong teams.
Slovene Enterprise Fund offers financing of most stages of the business to startups and young companies.
SID Banka offers small and medium-sized enterprises debt and equity financing and insurance of international transactions.
An international venture capital fund focusing on innovative companies with high growth potential.
DTK Murka Venture Capital
DTK Murka Venture Capital fund provides startups with monetary and mezzanine equity investments.
A venture capital fund that provides startups with cash investments and support at entering German-speaking markets.
The ABC Accelerator offers startups a 3-month programme and an opportunity for a convertible loan and equity investment.
Peter Ribarič HR&M
The editor of HR&M, business improver, an intermediary of business opportunities and a business angel.
Mark Pleško Cosylab
An athlete, nuclear physicist, engineer, entrepreneur and investor, and founder of Cosylab.
Co-invest with us
The Slovene Enterprise Fund implements a financial co-investment mechanism with private investors (business angels, venture capital funds, corporations and other investors). The financial mechanism creates an opportunity to double the private investment with public resources.
If a private investor invests from 100.000 EUR (minimum amount) to EUR 600,000 in an individual investment, the Slovene Enterprise Fund doubles that amount, with all investors entering the enterprise on equal terms. The minimum amount of 100.000 EUR can also be contributed by more investors.
Why choose the co-investment mechanism
- risk reduction for each individual investment
- higher investment for a faster growth of the enterprise
- an opportunity for the recipient of the investment (enterprise) to participate in the substantive and mentoring programmes of the Fund
- connecting the investor with other investors, mentors, etc.
- already prepared investment documents (memorandum of association, etc.)
- easy application to the tender and opening of applications at the end of each quarter
Co-financing of business angel networks
Mentors and investors represent an important element of the start-up ecosystem. In order to increase the activity of private investors in start-ups, the Slovene Enterprise Fund co-finances the operation of business angel networks (through a public tender).
The purpose of the public tender is to co-finance the activities of business angel network to stimulate the investment activity of private investors (so-called business angels) in start-ups and scale-ups in Slovenia. This can also be carried out as a public-private partnership (co-investment mechanism of the Fund), since business angels are a key element in the entrepreneurial ecosystem for the emergence and fast growth of innovative SMEs.
The purpose of the tender is also to allow the recipients of the Fund’s financial incentives (P2, SK75, co-investment) access to seed capital investor networks. The tender aims to promote the investing in innovative SMEs that is offered by business angels, to introduce the co-investment mechanism of the Fund to the widest possible range of business angels, to increase the investment of business angels and to introduce private investors the companies in the portfolio of the Fund.
Activities that are subject of co-financing:
- promotion of the business angel network (production of online and physical materials, promotion in the media, at corporate events, implementation of PR activities, etc.)
- acquisition of new members – business angels (conducting personal presentations in front of potential business angels, presentations at business events, etc.)
- informing and educating business angels (organization of consultations, training events with foreign guests, mutual exchange of experiences, etc.)
- training of employees in the business angel network
- identifying interested innovative SMEs to attract an investment and preparing SMEs for presentation in front of business angels
- networking with supportive environment organisations (incubators, technology parks, etc.)
- organizing demo days to introduce innovative SMEs to business angels
- coordinating the implementation of investments through the investment process
- active cooperation with the Fund to promote and implement the co-investment mechanism
More about the public tender
Would you like to know more?