P2 start-up incentive: grant for innovative enterprises in the conceptual phase
The Tender P2 is a grant intended to co-finance the setting up of innovative enterprises, the development of a minimum viable product (MVP) and the launch of innovative products on the market.
The purpose of P2 financial incentive is therefore the development of supported enterprises and a successful transfer of development ideas of entrepreneurial individuals and groups into market-successful ventures as well as the creation of new innovation-oriented enterprises with growth potential, with an emphasis on the development and commercialization of products, processes and services.
P2 encourages technology-innovative start-ups with growth potential that are just starting their entrepreneurial way and develop innovative value added products, processes and services for the broader market. An innovative enterprise is an enterprise that develops new products, processes and services and responds in an innovative way to market demands and focuses on solving customer problems.
Key information on financial incentive P2
The amount of funding
- up to 54.000 EUR grant per enterprise
- up to 100% aid intensity
Payment in three tranches over three years
- 1. tranche: 10.000 EUR
- 2. tranche: 12.000 EUR
- 3. tranche: 32.000 EUR
Beneficiaries and eligibility criteria
- micro and small enterprises
- an enterprise, registered in Slovenia
- an enterprise, registered as limited liability company, sole proprietor (s.p.) or cooperative
- the enterprise does not have a registered main activity in the excluded sector
- significant date of registration (for 2020, enterprises registered between 1 January 2020 and 15 March 2021)
- at least one employee at the time of signing the funding contract
- closed financial structure: own funds + expected tender funds + bridging assets
- operating with a profit at the latest in 2022 *
- market oriented products and services
- development must take place within the enterprise (an exception may be an area that the enterprise cannot/does not have the knowledge to develop on its own)
- the enterprise has not received more than 200.000 EUR in state aid (de minimis) in three years
- all relevant licenses and approvals and compliance with Slovenian and European legislation
- application in Slovenian language, all calculations in EUR
- inclusion into a mentoring programme
- points achieved on the DEMO Day in the pre-selection procedure of the Start:up Slovenia competition
- amount of share capital/amount of entrepreneur’s capital/amount of cooperative’s capital on the last day of the year
- marketing strategy and predominately sales market of the enterprise
- references and employment of owners in the enterprise
Pre – selection process P2
Obtaining a P2 financial incentive is also partly conditional on participation in a pre-selection procedure aimed at helping to select the most appropriate start-ups for the P2 financial incentive by involving business experts in the evaluation process and by presenting business ideas in person. It is not necessary to participate in pre-selection, but it is highly recommended. Participation in the pre-selection procedure includes:
- the possibility of gaining up to 35 points in the tender for a P2 start-up grant;
- a personal presentation before a panel of experts, composed of investors, entrepreneurs and business experts, on DEMO Day;
- answers to key questions, assistance in preparing a formal application for the grant, assistance in preparing a presentation, and more.
Pre-selection enables applicants to actively network and disseminate useful connections at home and abroad through various events and activities. Applicants can also acquire the most up-to-date entrepreneurial knowledge and skills, gain valuable experience from other start-up entrepreneurs, media coverage and broader business visibility (media and the partner network Start: up Slovenia closely monitor the pre-selection and its participants) as well as win awards for the best-ranked enterprises at the earliest stage of development.
Important benefits for all participants in pre-selection:
- »all inclusive« package PODIM 2019 for the top three rated start-ups – a free ticket for one person, including overnight stay, product presentation opportunity at PODIM Marketplace, organized 1:1 networking with investors and established enterprises, and exposure in the context of conference events
- nomination of the top three rated start-ups for the Slovenian Start:up Award in 2019
Applications for pre-selection procedure are gathered on the portal »prijave.startup.si«. The deadlines for the individual steps (application for pre-selection, submission of the tender documentation) depend on the date of publication of the tender. The exact dates are on the official page of the financial incentive, listed at the end of this page.
More about the financial incentive P2
On the following links:
- official website of the financial incentive with tender documentation
- pre – selection process on the Start:up Slovenia webpage
- brochure of the Slovene Enterprise Fund
- brochure of Startup Slovenia
- application portal »prijave.startup.si«
The recipients of the financial incentive P2 are eligible to their own start-up mentor and the inclusion in more than 10 specialized training programmes.
Substantive support and training programmes
The Slovene Enterprise Fund also provides intensive substantive support to the recipients of financial incentives in the form of a mentoring programme and other specialized, intensive and comprehensive support programmes. The main objective of the substantive support from the Startup Plus programme is to maximize and improve the impact of the Fund´s financial incentives for enterprises in the early stage.
The participation of enterprises in substantive programmes is reflected in the form of higher survival rates and faster international growth of start-up enterprises. Substantive programmes, therefore, play a key role in making start-ups more successful, both by acquiring new knowledge and acquaintances and by being better integrated into the ecosystem.
In addition to the mentoring programme, the following programmes are available to the recipients of financial incentives:
- Push2Start – an accelerator for P2 recipients
- SK Growth Camp – an accelerator for SK recipients
- PODIM conference – an opportunity of participation, foreign mentors and exhibition space
- Sales accelerator – a sales accelerator programme helps enterprises to meet their annual sales goals
- Grow Digital – a specialized vertical accelerator for enterprises in the health industry
- Startup clinic – elimination of critical risk of start-ups
- HardwareSTART – a vertical accelerator for the hardware industry
- Health.Tech.Growth – group and individual trainings on the topic of digital marketing and digital sales
- KorpoStart – connecting start-ups with corporations
- NextRound – connecting start-ups with investors
- INTL – a programme for internationalisation, specialized in start-ups
- ScaleUpGrade – a specializyed programme for scale-up growth phase
- Startup.si – national and international promotion of start-up enterprises
- Teambuilding+ events, »All-inclusive« networking, education and socializing