A programme for internationalisation is intended for innovative start-up enterprises (start-ups, scale-ups and other innovative SMEs) with international ambitions.
The programme offers:
- group visits of conferences,
- individual consulting.
Educational programme –
workshops on internationalization
The educational programme covers key knowledge in the field of internationalization and the lecturers are reputable and experienced international entrepreneurs or business consultants. The programme addresses topics in the field of international business, for example:
- strategies for expansion into foreign markets,
- growth marketing on foreign markets,
- sales in foreign markets,
- the competencies of the individual and the team for international growth,
- financing of international growth.
Additional educational workshops are also specialized for entry on the specific geographic markets.
Diagnostics of readiness for International Business
Through business diagnostics the level of readiness for internationalization of each start-up enterprise is determined in the programme. The enterprise thus acquires the so-called gap analysis and concrete tips for expansion to foreign markets. Diagnostics is the basis and a condition for individual consulting. The analysis addresses the following areas:
- suitability of the product or service for the target market,
- formal and informal competencies of the team to operate on the target market,
- financial sustainability at entry and existence in the target market,
- content/material relevance for the target market,
- decency of an enterprise and readiness of the business processes for growth.
Based on the diagnostics, enterprises receive additional individual consulting with experienced Slovenian and foreign entrepreneurs and experts to fill the gaps and lay a solid foundation for international business. In doing so, enterprises are also assisted concretely with a strategy and access (contacts) to key export markets and corporate hubs, such as Austria, Germany, Croatia, Serbia, United Kingdom, France, Spain, Italy, USA, Russia, Poland, Hungary, Czech Republic, Bosnia and Herzegovina, and Slovakia.
Group visits of conferences
As part of the programme group visits to the most prominent European conferences are organized, such as Web Summit, Slash, Bits & Pretzels, Berlin Disrupt and others. For start-ups, the entire arrangement (accommodation, transportation, programme, etc.) is organized and part of the costs is subsidized. Participation of several enterprises at the conference also enables networking and exchange of experience.